Career Systems Development - Job Corp Maintenance Worker in Guthrie, Oklahoma
CSD - Guthrie Job Corps Center
3106 W. University Avenue
Guthrie, Oklahoma 73044
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of_ Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment._
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Monday - Friday
The Maintenance Worker is responsible for responding to general maintenance work orders throughout the center/academy..
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and operating principles.
- Performs interior and exterior center janitorial, building maintenance and ground keeping assignments according to work orders.
- Performs minor building construction tasks.
- Mows lawns, maintains grounds, picks up trash and papers.
- Cares for plants, trees and flowers.
- May transport students by bus and automobile to various vocational sites, medical centers, recreational activities, courts, etc..
- Insures that all tools and equipment are in good repair and kept in appropriate storage shed and closets.
- Transports equipment and/or commodities throughout the center.
- Change light bulbs, replaces faculty electrical cords, etc…
- Adheres to all PRH, PAG, CDSS and CSDC policies and procedures, and the Center’s Operating Procedures.
- Ensures all equipment and facilities are clean and maintained in accordance with Center, CSD and DOL standards.
- Attends all training sessions and staff meetings as scheduled. Is CPR and First Aid Certifiable.
- Maintains a work environment of zero accident and injuries including no loss-time accidents.
- Ensures a work environment that provides an equal opportunity for all.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum: Must be able to read and write English at a high school level with at least six months of general maintenance experience. Must have a valid Driver License.
Preferred: Possess a High School Diploma. One-year experience of general maintenance experience.
Knowledge Required: Knowledge of methods needed to instill appropriate maintenance techniques; to read, comprehend, interpret, communicate and execute instructions or directives fluently in English
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.