Career Systems Development - Job Corp Career Counselor in Guthrie, Oklahoma
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of_ Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment._
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Responsible for providing personal and career counseling and retention support to all students within the Career Preparation Phase of the Job Corps program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles.
- Provides personal and career counseling for all students within the Career Preparation Phase (CPP.)
- Documents student counseling sessions in CIS case notes, monthly at a minimum.
- Assesses and evaluates assigned students on both formal and informal levels.
- Submits written student reports and evaluations as needed including documents requested by the CPP Manager, Career Development Director, Deputy Center Director, and Center Director, student referrals to the Mental Health Consultant and TEAP Specialist, requests for and from outside agencies/resources, and behavioral information for student panels.
- Completes and submits detailed and timely documentation including:
- Evaluations of Student Progress (ESP.)
- Parental Consent forms for all minors via conferment with parents and admissions counselors.
- Intake interviews and applicable referrals for new enrollees no later than 48 hours after arrival.
- Student data in files transitioning to Counseling Department.
- CPP student transfers to Career Development Phase in CIS.
- Facilitates student training and individual and group counseling sessions.
- Participates in joint sessions/weekly articulation meetings with Residential Advisors, the Center Mental Health Consultant, and Counselors.
- Facilitates small group social skills sessions and daily retention activities.
- Follows morning accountability and student leave processes and procedures.
- Participates in conducting student center tours and follows new student welcoming procedures.
- Attends all center required meetings and trainings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*Minimum: *Bachelor’s Degree required, including 15 semester hours of instruction in Social Services in related area. One year’s experience in a counseling capacity or related field.
*Preferred: *Job Corps experience preferred
Knowledge Required: Sound knowledge of counseling techniques, excellent communication skills, both oral and written; knowledge of characteristics and problems of disadvantaged youth; must maintain CPR/FA certification; CIS and Citrix functions post new hire and department orientation training.
All post offer candidates must complete and pass a background check and drug screen.
CSD is a leader in workforce development operating Job Corps centers throughout the U.S. since 1964 and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action / Female / Minority / Disabled / Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. CSD makes reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Susan Evans at (888) 308-0338 to request a reasonable accommodation.